ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Choice Furniture has announced the closing of its location in the CherryVale Mall, which had opened in 2018.
Choice Furniture had moved into the 2-story space formerly occupied by Bergners.
Prior to that, the furniture store had occupied a storefront near Best Buy on Perryville Road. It also operates a warehouse store 4228 Newburg Road.
The store also holds a Cherry Valley Indoor Market on the upper level on several weekends per month.
Choice Furniture is well-known in the community for its “Furniture for Families in Need” initiative—an annual program which provides local in-need residents with furniture. The program runs in November and December so the furniture can be delivered by Christmas.
A CherryVale Mall spokesperson confirmed the closing and said they are working to secure a new tenant for the space.
- Harlem in 3rd place after day 1 of State Tournament
- Jefferson cruises past Auburn Friday night
- Boylan defeats Guilford, clinches NIC-10 championship outright
- East beats Freeport in final home game
- Hononegah bounces back in win over Belvidere