BELVIDERE, Ill. (WTVO) ─ Workers at the Fiat Chrysler Assembly Plant in Belvidere will once again be off the job later this month.
Production will be shut down for two weeks starting Monday, March 16th. United Autoworkers Local 1268 made the announcement on Facebook Monday night.
No reason has been given for the new shutdown, but in the past, Fiat Chrysler has blamed a lack of demand.
The March shutdown will mark the third in 2020. Workers were also off the job for two weeks in January and February.
- Rockford Police investigate Auburn St. shooting
- Rockford teens charged after police find loaded gun in car
- After disaster declaration, Ogle County officials say storm damage is like nothing they’ve ever seen
- Rockford house fire possibly caused by severe weather, officials say
- VP Pence tweets “America needs College Football”