ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — The City of Rockford Public Works Department has declared a citywide snow emergency for Monday.
Street division employees are currently plowing and salting main road. Beginning at 12 p.m. contractors will start plowing residential streets.
The odd/even parking ordinance is in effect. The ordinance allows plows to safely plow streets. Monday, drivers should park on the odd numbered side of the street. Starting at 8 a.m. on Tuesday, drivers should then switch to the even side of the street.
Cars parked on the wrong side of the street will be ticketed.
The Village of Machesney Park has also instituted a Snow Emergency.
- Quenneville Strikes Twice as Hogs Sweep Season Series Against Marlies
- Light Snow Expected Sunday Night, Heaviest Remains South
- Jones scores twice, Packers complete season sweep of Bears
- Forward Hakkarainen Reassigned To Rockford
- John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John reunite as characters from ‘Grease’