ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — The City of Rockford Public Works Department has declared a citywide snow emergency for Monday.
Street division employees are currently plowing and salting main road. Beginning at 12 p.m. contractors will start plowing residential streets.
The odd/even parking ordinance is in effect. The ordinance allows plows to safely plow streets. Monday, drivers should park on the odd numbered side of the street. Starting at 8 a.m. on Tuesday, drivers should then switch to the even side of the street.
Cars parked on the wrong side of the street will be ticketed.
The Village of Machesney Park has also instituted a Snow Emergency.
- President Trump to hold news conference on US coronavirus threat Wednesday evening
- Six Flags Hurricane Harbor Rockford holding hiring event this weekend
- VIDEO: Reporter accidentally goes live with face filters turned on
- Get ready to ‘Spring Forward’ on March 8, 2020
- 7-year-old girl dies one minute into surgery to get her tonsils removed