ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — On Friday, Rockford Mayor Tom McNamara announced a plan to keep Alpine Pool open for the 2020 season.
In the proposed deal, the Water Division would reduce fees in the amount of $70,000 so the pool can stay open.
“Alpine Pool is a great community asset that provides recreational opportunities for the residents of Rockford. I believe that this agreement will allow the community to utilize this asset while the Park District continues to align its budget with services to the community,” said Mayor McNamara.
The City Council will vote on the resolution on Monday.
- Get your pumpkins carved by Dori for Halloween
- Get fall skin care tips from the experts
- Bella Luna Bakery closes its doors after 10 years
- Home Forever Baths has a special deal for Veterans
- Murder Mystery with Mahoney Third Clue