ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — An engineer at Collins Aerospace in Rockford has been recognized as one of the best employees in the global company.
Mark Metzler has been dubbed “2020 Engineer of the Year.” He was one of seven engineers given the nod, out of 16,000 Collins Aerospace employees across the world.
The award is meant to highlight engineers that show innovative thinking and technical expertise in their work.
Metzler earned the accolade for his work on fighter jet parts.
- Walmart+ to challenge Amazon Prime
- Oregon’s Autumn on Parade festival is canceled
- Drier Weather Slides in Today, Feeling Less Humid Over the Weekend
- Man hospitalized 99 days with COVID-19 wakes from coma to learn wife died of virus
- One-on-one with presidential hopeful Joe Biden