SOUTH BELOIT, Ill. (WTVO) — Outside of Rockford, construction is underway for South Beloit’s first marijuana dispensary, being built on Willowbrook Road off I-90.
In September, city leaders unanimously approved the dispensary.
They expect it to bring in anywhere between $600,000 and $900,000 in taxes through recreational marijuana sales.
However, before it can open the state needs to approve a recreational marijuana dispensary license.
The dispensary hopes to open next month.
- ‘Number 24 will never again be worn by a Dallas Maverick,’ owner Mark Cuban says after Kobe Bryant’s death
- Democrats demand Bolton testify at Trump’s impeachment trial
- Bryant’s helicopter flew in fog that grounded other choppers
- College baseball coach, daughter, and wife among 9 Killed in California helicopter crash
- Fans, celebrities react to death of retired NBA legend Kobe Bryant after crash