SOUTH BELOIT, Ill. (WTVO) — Outside of Rockford, construction is underway for South Beloit’s first marijuana dispensary, being built on Willowbrook Road off I-90.
In September, city leaders unanimously approved the dispensary.
They expect it to bring in anywhere between $600,000 and $900,000 in taxes through recreational marijuana sales.
However, before it can open the state needs to approve a recreational marijuana dispensary license.
The dispensary hopes to open next month.
- Craigslist ad goes viral, sparks search for ‘Grandma’ in need of family for Christmas
- Remembering Sandy Hook victims 7 years later
- Two state workers involved in A.J. Freund case no longer work for DCFS
- Woman killed crossing Illinois interstate to reach family
- Woman arrested in Roscoe for sexual abuse to a minor