SOUTH BELOIT, Ill. (WTVO) — Outside of Rockford, construction is underway for South Beloit’s first marijuana dispensary, being built on Willowbrook Road off I-90.
In September, city leaders unanimously approved the dispensary.
They expect it to bring in anywhere between $600,000 and $900,000 in taxes through recreational marijuana sales.
However, before it can open the state needs to approve a recreational marijuana dispensary license.
The dispensary hopes to open next month.
- ‘Glory Days’: East 1974 State Champions
- ‘Overtime’ spotlight: Boylan swimmer Nhia Caras
- Get To Know Hononegah’s Finley Hamilton
- Rockford group helping those in need fights to reopen after being shut down by city
- Retired Winnebago Co. Judge Rosemary Collins reacts to death of Ruth Bader Ginsburg