SOUTH BELOIT, Ill. (WTVO) — Outside of Rockford, construction is underway for South Beloit’s first marijuana dispensary, being built on Willowbrook Road off I-90.
In September, city leaders unanimously approved the dispensary.
They expect it to bring in anywhere between $600,000 and $900,000 in taxes through recreational marijuana sales.
However, before it can open the state needs to approve a recreational marijuana dispensary license.
The dispensary hopes to open next month.
- ACLU defends Pritzker’s move to prioritize prisoner vaccinations
- Legendary quarterbacks to be center-stage for NFC Championship game
- Lester agrees to deal with Nationals
- Restaurants welcome back employees with return of indoor dining in Rockford region
- President Trump’s final hours in office expected to be non-traditional