ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — The Coronado Performing Arts Center welcomed 4,000 stateline-area students to see a shortened version of The Nutcracker.
Students from First through Eighth grades were invited to see one of two hour long performances on Friday.
Organizers say the two performances accommodated twice as many kids.
“For so many kids, this will be their first time ever experiencing a live performing arts at this caliber,” said Julie Thomas, Executive Director for the Rockford Symphony Orchestra. “So, to hear music being made by the instruments in the orchestra pit and seeing live dancers on stage together in this beautiful facility is really, for some, going to be a life changing experience.”
Full performances of The Nutcracker will take place at the Coronado on Saturday, December 7th at 7:30 p.m. and Sunday, December 8th at 3 p.m.
- Rockford boxing club founder Goodman dies
- Durkin break’s Coole’s record, but Auburn wins swim meet
- Bears sign former Notre Dame star Te’o
- Heavy rain and thunderstorms return late Wednesday night
- Pink’s husband shares why he’s teaching his 3- and 9-year-old children to handle firearms