ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — The Winnebago County Coroner has identified 18-year-old Chrishawn Arnold as the victim of a fatal shooting on Elm Street last week.
According to police, officers were called to the area of Webster Avenue and Green Street around 9:40 p.m. on Tuesday, September 8th, for a report of multiple shots fired and vehicles fleeing the scene. Police say they found spent shell casings near the intersection of Webster and Berkley, but did not find any victims or damage to property.
Around 10:10 p.m, police were called to the 1900 block of Elm Street where Arnold was reportedly lying on the ground. He was taken by ambulance to a local hospital where he died.
Anyone with information on the crime is asked to contact the Rockford Police Department at 815-966-2900 or leave an anonymous tip with Rockford Area Crime Stoppers at 815-963-7867.
- ‘I feel fantastic’: Arnold Schwarzenegger undergoes heart surgery at Cleveland Clinic
- Illinois health director fights back tears during COVID death totals, urges people to battle ‘pandemic fatigue’
- Some Winnebago County absentee ballots rejected due to voter mistakes
- Sinnissippi Park gets spooky with 2nd annual ‘Festival of Frights’
- Loves Park officials seek input on N. 2nd Street improvements