ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — The Winnebago County Coroner has identified 23-year-old Miguel Tejada, Jr. of Davis Junction as the man killed after driving into the back of a semi trailer on 11th Street early Wednesday morning.
According to police, shortly before 2:30 a.m., officers responded to the 3900 block of 11th Street, where they discovered Tejada had been northbound and crashed into the back of the semi, which was also traveling north.
The driver was pronounced dead at the scene.
An autopsy lists the cause of death as blunt trauma of the head due to motor vehicle crash.
The 57-year-old semi driver wasn’t hurt. He stayed on the scene.
The accident is under investigation. Toxicology tests are expected in three weeks.
- Stimulus check, $600-per-week jobless benefit included in new virus aid proposal
- ‘Absurd’: $1B earmarked for PPE spent on body armor, jet parts
- Rockford Public Library Board faced with tough choice on closing some branches
- Bodycam video shows the scene after the Breonna Taylor shooting
- Coronavirus surge: When will the fall COVID-19 spike hit?