ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — The Winnebago County Coroner has identified 30-year-old Demonte Williams, of Chicago, as the man killed in last week’s shooting at the intersection of S. 6th Street and E. State Street.
The coroner says he was killed by a gunshot wound to the head.
Rockford Police responded to a shooting that took place Tuesday afternoon at 2:40 p.m.
Police say shots were fired between two vehicles as they were driving down 6th Street.
Two people, one 30-year-old male and one 30-year-old female, were in a blue car as the were struck by gunfire. The condition of the female victim was not released.
Police say the other car was a black four-door car, and was last seen driving southbound on 6th Street.
The male victim was transported to OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center, where he died at 4:57 p.m. on Thursday, September 19th.
28-year-old Jamie Pearson was arrested at a home in the 3500 block of Pheasant Run on Wednesday.
He’s been charged with two counts of Attempted First Degree Murder and Aggravated Battery with a Firearm.
Eyewitness News looked into Pearson’s criminal past. According to Winnebago County court records, he’s pleaded guilty to multiple felonies since 2008. Those convictions include aggravated battery, battery causing bodily harm, robbery, and a weapons violation.
- Rockford City Council discusses raising the number of video gaming machines
- Sinnissippi Golf Course saved from the chopping block, for now
- Auburn’s Nevenhoven hoping for a big October finish to the tennis season
- Police investigate after man shot to death outside Rockford apartment building
- Police investigate after Rockford woman killed while crossing Auburn St.