ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — The Winnebago County Coroner has identified 33-year-old Christopher Lerma as the man killed in a Sunday afternoon shooting in Rockford.
The shooting happened in the 3200 block of Blackstone Avenue.
Officials say the victim was a 33-year-old man who was found lying next to his car when police arrived. He passed away from his injuries.
Rockford Police say suspects in a light blue Mazda 6 drove past as the victim was getting out of his car, and a rear passenger fired multiple rounds at the victim.
- Mail delivery lags behind targets as election nears, internal documents show
- Rockford man, Sterling woman arrested on methamphetamine charges in Rock Falls
- Over 256K saws sold at Lowe’s recalled for remaining on when switched off
- Argument over mask at Logan-Hocking middle school football game leads woman being tased
- Officers did knock before Breonna Taylor shooting, investigation finds