LIMA TOWNSHIP, Wis. (WTVO) — 20-year-old Sterling Espinoza, of Whitewater, was killed after being thrown from her vehicle in a rollover crash Monday night, the Rock County Medical Examiner reported Wednesday. Police say she was not wearing a seatbelt.
Accoring to the Rock County Sheriff’s Office, around 6:34 p.m. police were called to the crash site on E Hwy 59 and CTH KK. Investigators said an eastbound vehicle, driven by Espinoza and containing 3 other teen passengers, traveling at a high rate of speed, swerved to avoid rear-ending another eastbound vehicle.
The car then went into the ditch and rolled several times, throwing Espinoza from the vehicle.
Police say Espinoza and a 19-year-old male and 18-year-old female were taken to a hospital. A fourth passenger, a 19-year-old male, was not treated for injuries. Investigators say the three passengers were wearing seatbelts.
Espinoza was pronounced dead at the hospital.
Police say alcohol does not appear to have been a factor in the accident.
- ACLU defends Pritzker’s move to prioritize prisoner vaccinations
- Legendary quarterbacks to be center-stage for NFC Championship game
- Lester agrees to deal with Nationals
- Restaurants welcome back employees with return of indoor dining in Rockford region
- President Trump’s final hours in office expected to be non-traditional