ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — 20-year-old Jamerion Boose was murdered over the weekend, shot to death in the 1300 block of 10th Street on Saturday, according to officials.
Around 11:00 p.m. Saturday night, Rockford police officers responded to the 1300 block of 10th Street in Rockford for a shooting investigation.
Officers say that at least four people were shot.
The Winnebago County Coroner says all efforts to revive Boose failed, and he died.
Another man was shot to death on Friday, on Sage Drive. At a press conference on Monday, Rockford Police Chief attributed a “majority” of a “severe uptick” in shootings and murders this year to street gangs.
- UK approves emergency use for Pfizer vaccine
- Local stores busy fulfilling online orders after holiday shopping weekend
- ISP trooper says still room for improvement following ‘Scott’s Law’
- J Hanley sworn in as Winnebago County State’s Attorney
- Popular Netflix series boosts interest and chessboard sales