ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — The Winnebago County Coroner has identified Jimiros Reed, 23, as the man shot dead at the Orton Keyes Housing Development on Sunday.
Around 12:30 a.m., Rockford police officers responded near the 500 block of Score Street for a shooting victim.
When officers arrived, they found Reed suffering from multiple gunshot wounds, lying in the parking lot. Officials rushed him to a local hospital but he passed away from his injuries.
A GoFundMe has been set up to help cover funeral expenses.
The suspect was described as 5’7 to 5’11, with medium build, 25 to 30 year-old man wearing a white shirt and dark colored pants.
- Exploring the rich athletics history of Beloit College as it marks 100 years in the MWC
- Fourth grader in New Mexico forced to walk to school for internet
- New report says Byron power plant shutdown would cost over 2,300 jobs
- Rockford applying for new bike path grant, but not all residents are on board
- Russia and Iran made ‘desperate attempts’ to interfere with election, US officials say