ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Bad news: if you’ve been trying to get a $75 Costco “Anniversary” coupon advertised on Facebook today, the company says it’s a scam.
According to Snopes.com, the scam posts asked users to share a fake Facebook post, promising the user a $75 coupon if the user filled out several surveys.
The surveys were not operated or sponsored by Costco.
The fake web pages asked the user for personal details, such as name, address, phone number, asked them to complete lengthy surveys, and then pay to sign up for a number of “Reward Offers” which usually involve applying for a credit card or a paid subscription service.
Costco said, “There are numerous posts circulating on Facebook stating that we are giving away $100 to $1,000 Costco Cash Cards to all Facebook users. While we love our fans and members, Costco is not giving away Costco Cash Cards to Facebook users, and is not associated with this program.”
- Unsettled and cooler pattern returns
- Chilly rain continues through Sunday evening
- Trubisky benched, Foles completes comeback in 30-26 win over Falcons
- Local yoga studio takes unique approach to relieve stress for Suicide Prevention Month
- Janesville Fire invites community to ‘Chalk the Walk’ for fire safety