ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) – After an almost 45 year career, Jean Manis retired from Generations Credit Union on Friday, and customers bid her farewell from the safe distance of the drive through.
Jean’s co-workers decorated her booth and the driveway.
While she says she’s looking forward to being home, Jean says she’ll miss seeing her friends every day.
“They’re like a family to me. My co-workers, oh my gosh, you couldn’t ask for a better crew. I mean this is my second family here. I’ve enjoyed every minute with them. I’ve had a great time,” she said.
Jean says she plans to travel with her family when it’s safe to travel again after the coronavirus outbreak subsides.
- Boylan teacher earns first Don Zimmerman Golden Apple Scholarship
- Stateline salons and tattoo shops reopen under Phase 3 of Restore Illinois
- Uniform worn by Tom Hanks in ‘A League of Their Own’ being auctioned
- Local restaurants and bars welcome customers back with outdoor dining
- Cooler, but Dry, this Weekend