ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — The annual “Heartbeat of Healthcare” luncheon Thursday highlighted the role Crusader Community Health plays in the keeping the community healthy.
The event, hosted by the Rockford Chamber of Commerce and held at the Radisson Hotel and Convention Center, encourages members of the business community to learn how Crusader Community Health serves people in the stateline.
The luncheon also focused on the industry of healthcare in the region as a whole.
“Well, I don’t think people realize the kind of footprint and impact Crusader has in our community,” said Rockford Chamber of Commerce CEO, Einar Forsman. “They are a known carer of folks who are underserved in healthcare, who may not be able to access healthcare through other systems. So, they are a good stop-gap measure and a good proactive measure, to make sure we have a healthy overall community.”
Last year, Crusader cared for over 58,000 people.
- Newsfeed Now: Third COVID vaccine begins US rollout; 7-year-old opens lemonade stand to fund brain surgery
- Meteorological Spring Begins on a Chilly Note, Warmth Quick to Return
- Poplar Grove brothers with Down syndrome start their own business
- Trump calls for GOP unity, says he won’t start new party
- Texas attorney general sues power company over storm’s high energy bills