DEKALB, Ill. (WTVO) — DeKalb police say a man who was beaten severely in June has died from his injuries.
According to police, on June 16th, 33-year-old Marcus Johnson told police he was beaten and during an attack by several people. He was flown to a Rockford hospital for treatment.
Police say Johnson died on July 12th
On July 24th, police say they learned that the beating actually occurred on June 13th at an apartment complex at 808 of Ridge Drive.
Police are investigating his death as a homicide, and are awaiting autopsy results.
The investigation is ongoing, police said.
- BLM launches Survival Fund to assist those in need waiting for federal pandemic relief
- Amid pandemic, flu all but disappears in US
- Rockford area High School basketball scores for Wednesday, February 24
- England leads Lena-Winslow past Scales Mound
- Rochelle Hubs come up short in upset bid against Ottawa Township