DURAND, Ill. (WTVO) — Police are investigating after allegations have been made against a staff member at Durand Schools.
What those allegations are have not been made clear. Requests for information from Superintendent Kurt Albertstett have not been returned.
Albertstett sent an email to district parents on Wednesday night saying the district was taking “precautionary measures” to protect students, but did not elaborate.
Durand Police Chief Jeff Schelling said he was made aware of the allegations on Monday, and informed the school district.
The Winnebago County Sheriff’s Office is handling the investigation.
- Coronaviruses explained: what you need to know
- UPS training thousands of drivers to spot, report human trafficking
- Woman shoots 3 Illinois State Troopers, killing 1, before turning gun on herself
- New case of coronavirus confirmed in California
- Trump lawyers argue Democrats just want to overturn election