BELVIDERE, Ill. (WTVO) — 33-year-old Efren Gerardo was sentenced to 16 years in prison for Predatory Criminal Sexual Assault of a juvenile.
On June 16th, 2019, a 12-year-old victim reported to a family member than Gerardo had sexual intercourse with her, according to police.
Gerardo was arrested on June 21st.
Gerardo pleaded guilty on February 7th, 2020. In addition to his sentence, he must register as a sex offender for the rest of his life.
- Ohio police department asks public not to overwhelm dispatch with mask complaints
- Officer told George Floyd: ‘It takes … a lot of oxygen to talk’
- Supreme Court expected to rule on Trump’s tax records today
- ‘Glee’ star Naya Rivera missing, presumed dead after 4-year-old son found adrift on boat in Southern California lake
- As other states’ COVID-19 cases spike health experts say Illinois’ future is in your hands