OREGON, Ill. (WTVO) — Multiple police and fire agencies are conducting a recovery operation for two men whose boat capsized on the Rock River in Oregon.
The search was suspended Wednesday night and resumed Thursday morning.
At 11:30 a.m. Wednesday, the Ogle County Sheriff received a report from a fisherman of a boat capsized in the water.
Officials say a boat trailer was found at Castle Rock State Park boat launch off Route 2.
Police confirmed they are searching for two men, using divers, drones and boats.
The names of the missing persons have not yet been released.
The Ogle County Sheriff’s Office has asked the public to avoid the area.
- Protestors, police clash again at Rockford City Market
- Man taken to hospital after motorcycle crash in Rockford
- One person shot at Rockford bar
- Winnebago Co. school administrators address back to school plans
- Overwhelming response to boy’s search for a family, ‘I hope one of y’all pick me’