ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Musician and piano prodigy Emily Bear celebrated the release of a new album with a concert in her hometown.
Bear was on stage at Prarie Street Brewing Company Thursday evening.
It comes on the heels of the release of her debut pop album “Emotions.”
A portion of ticket sales will go to music education programs at Rockford Public Schools.
“Every time I have a show here I always like to give back, especially to the music education program in the school districts, because I went through the public school system and I think every music education program in the country is kind of hurting right now,” Bear said. “So, anything I can do to, like, give back to where I grew up.”
Music students from Rockford School also got the chance to take to the stage and perform with Bear during her live show.
- 20-year-old male transported to hospital after being shot Tuesday night
- Locally Dense Fog Developing Tuesday Evening
- Midweek Warm-Up Comes with Heavy Rainfall
- Local students are able to see if they have what it takes to protect and serve
- Belvidere has a piece of community history back in town