WINNEBAGO, Ill. (WTVO) — For those living near the Winnebago County Landfill. there is now a hotline for when the stench becomes too strong to bear.
Residents are encouraged to call or submit complaints to the Environmental Protection Agency on days when the landfill’s smell is overpowering.
The hotline has been instituted following the Winnebago County Board’s consideration of a trash ordinance aimed at penalizing garbage trucks accused of littering on their way to the landfill.
The times and dates of the complaints will be recorded by the EPA, helping authorities gather information about dump sites, and possibly allow them to take action.
To file a report, click here: odorreport.com
- Dr. Fauci is highest-paid federal employee, report says
- Down payment tax credit: Biden housing plans include help for first-time buyers
- Republicans propose amendment to limit term limits in Congress
- IDES: Nearly 1 million false unemployment claims stopped since March
- Biden to order end of federally run private prisons