WINNEBAGO, Ill. (WTVO) — For those living near the Winnebago County Landfill. there is now a hotline for when the stench becomes too strong to bear.
Residents are encouraged to call or submit complaints to the Environmental Protection Agency on days when the landfill’s smell is overpowering.
The hotline has been instituted following the Winnebago County Board’s consideration of a trash ordinance aimed at penalizing garbage trucks accused of littering on their way to the landfill.
The times and dates of the complaints will be recorded by the EPA, helping authorities gather information about dump sites, and possibly allow them to take action.
To file a report, click here: odorreport.com
- How tech layoffs could impact the housing market
- These 100+ Cyber Monday deals have something for everyone on your shopping list
- 50 best Cyber Monday deals on Amazon today and counting
- NFL free agent Odell Beckham Jr. removed from plane in Miami
- World’s largest active volcano starts to erupt in Hawaii, sending ash nearby