WINNEBAGO, Ill. (WTVO) — For those living near the Winnebago County Landfill. there is now a hotline for when the stench becomes too strong to bear.
Residents are encouraged to call or submit complaints to the Environmental Protection Agency on days when the landfill’s smell is overpowering.
The hotline has been instituted following the Winnebago County Board’s consideration of a trash ordinance aimed at penalizing garbage trucks accused of littering on their way to the landfill.
The times and dates of the complaints will be recorded by the EPA, helping authorities gather information about dump sites, and possibly allow them to take action.
To file a report, click here: odorreport.com
- Dog earns 6M followers while learning to communicate with humans
- Emergency C-section causes cut to baby’s face
- Affidavit reveals one-year-old weighed 8 pounds at time of death, Texas parents arrested
- Motivational speaker breaks naked-skydiving record to bring awareness to mental health, suicide prevention
- Bears TE Jimmy Graham recalls his serious March car accident in Miami