WINNEBAGO, Ill. (WTVO) — For those living near the Winnebago County Landfill. there is now a hotline for when the stench becomes too strong to bear.
Residents are encouraged to call or submit complaints to the Environmental Protection Agency on days when the landfill’s smell is overpowering.
The hotline has been instituted following the Winnebago County Board’s consideration of a trash ordinance aimed at penalizing garbage trucks accused of littering on their way to the landfill.
The times and dates of the complaints will be recorded by the EPA, helping authorities gather information about dump sites, and possibly allow them to take action.
To file a report, click here: odorreport.com
- AMBER ALERT: Police say Illinois boy abducted by double murder suspect
- Fort Wayne mall reopens after incident; no injuries reported
- Pregnant woman killed in Mt. Morris house fire
- Boy completes 50-yard challenge mowing lawns for free in his community
- Sarah Fuller ready to make female student-athlete history against Missouri Saturday