ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — ‘Tis the season for creativity.
Kids of all ages were able to put their art and building skills to the test on Sunday at the Puri Family YMCA.
There were gum drops and candy, along with frosting, everything needed to construct the perfect gingerbread house. A sweet way for families to get together around the holidays.
“I really love these kinds of events because it really truly does draw a lot of different family members together,” said YMCA Programming Lead, Jaime Fagan. “We have a lot of grandparents here today with their grandchildren, we have parents also jumping into the mix we even have some adults who are also being joined by their parents so it’s not just for kids, we have people of all ages enjoying time today.”
The Puri Family YMCA runs one adult and one kid program each month, which are open to both Y-members and anyone from the community.
- RMTD debuts hybrid buses, new logo
- WATCH: Pritzker delivers State of the State address
- Possible confusion leads to spike in Google searches for ‘Corona beer virus’
- ‘He gave his life to the Lord:’ Kobe Bryant prayed at church hours before his death
- PHOTOS: Hard Rock Stadium transformed for Super Bowl LIV