ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — A lone holdout in the video rental business, the Family Video, at 2715 Charles Street in Rockford, is going out of business.
The location at 6108 N. 2nd Street in Loves Park remains open, as does the store at 105 W Harrison Street in Belvidere, and 611 W. Blackhawk Drive in Byron.
The store manager said the Rockford location will become a Dollar General. The final day of business is set to be Monday, September 16th. The store is currently liquidating its stock.
After the demise of Blockbuster in 2013, Family Video became the sole video rental chain in the U.S.
Family Video is headquartered in Glenview, Illinois.
- IceHogs Drop Final Game Before All-Star Break
- Multiple fire crews respond to Village of Winnebago house fire
- Bill Murray returns to Woodstock 28 years after filming “Groundhog Day”, shoots Jeep commercial
- Mid-town Gyro House now open
- Fire on Gregory St. causes $5,000 in damages