ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — A lone holdout in the video rental business, the Family Video, at 2715 Charles Street in Rockford, is going out of business.
The location at 6108 N. 2nd Street in Loves Park remains open, as does the store at 105 W Harrison Street in Belvidere, and 611 W. Blackhawk Drive in Byron.
The store manager said the Rockford location will become a Dollar General. The final day of business is set to be Monday, September 16th. The store is currently liquidating its stock.
After the demise of Blockbuster in 2013, Family Video became the sole video rental chain in the U.S.
Family Video is headquartered in Glenview, Illinois.
- Former Crusader James Robinson helps ISU to victory over Northern Arizona, their third straight win
- Pineiro questionable for Bears MNF game
- Chicago reassigns 12 to Rockford
- 25 years later, a new generation gets immersed in ‘Friends’
- Holy anniversary! Displays of bat signal fete Batman at 80