DIXON, Ill. (WTVO) — 49-year-old Matthew Milby, Sr. is accused of trying to hire a hitman to kill two people, according to Dixon Police.
Police say they began investigating Milby in July of 2019 when they were contacted by an individual who said Milby tried to hire them to carry out two assassinations.
He was arrested on February 11th and charged with two counts of Solicitation of Murder for Hire.
Milby, Sr. was held in the Lee County Jail on a $500,000 bond.
Milby, Sr.’s son, Matt Milby, is accused of bringing a 9mm semi-automatic rifle to Dixon High School graduation practice and exchanging gunfire with the school resource officer Mark Dallas on May 16th, 2018.
The younger Milby was found unfit to stand trial in the case. The case is set to be reviewed on March 17th, 2020.
- Newsfeed Now: At least 9 people dead after shooting at Indianapolis FedEx facility; Pfizer CEO says 3rd COVID-19 shot possible
- Head of Tokyo Olympics again says games will not be canceled
- Burst pipe at Oregon Living & Rehabilitation Center
- LA woman admits killing her 3 children in jailhouse interview
- Police working to identify gunman in Indianapolis FedEx shooting that killed 8