CHICAGO, Ill. (WTVO) — Rockford-native filmmaker Bing Liu earns a national award.
The maker of the documentary “Minding the Gap” has been named as one of the 2020 United States Artists Fellows, becoming one of 50 to receive a $50,000 award.
Liu’s 2018 “Minding the Gap,” which was partially filmed in Rockford, earned critical acclaim and an Emmy nomination.
Currently, Liu is a segment director on “America to Me,” a 10-hour documentary series examining racial inequities in America’s education system, on the Starz network.
- Blocking pattern keeps the first week of December mostly dry and warmer than normal
- Roscoe police respond to 4 car accident, one driver arrested on DUI suspicion
- Justice Department investigating ‘bribery-for-pardon scheme’
- Congress scrambles to avoid government shutdown
- Rockford City Council passes ‘Capital Improvement Plan’