ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO)–UPDATE: Apartment residents and a pet cat are safe after emergency responders put out a fire on 1200 Auburn Court.
The Rockford Fire Department says they were called over at 8:50 a.m. When they arrived, they saw smoke appearing from the second floor, and found it coming from the kitchen. Crews kept it contained to that area and extinguished it fully.
Four residents safely evacuated beforehand.
Damages are estimated at $15,000, and the cause is still under investigation.
Fire crews are on scene working on extinguishing a structure fire Wednesday morning. Officials say so far they have rescued one cat on 1200 Auburn Court.
No details yet on possible injuries.
We have crew heading to the scene now.
This story is still developing…
- Le-Win’s Arand, Winnebago’s Murphy express frustration over paused high school sports
- Web Extra: Full interview with Ric Arand on IHSA sports still being paused
- Saints’ Brees sees playoff clash with Brady’s Bucs as fate
- My Take: Picking the NFL’s Divisional Playoff games
- Cubs agree to terms on contracts with three players