ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Five Rockford Police Officers received promotions on Thursday, at a ceremony held at the RPD’s District 1 Headquarters.
Friends and family packed the house to celebrate as three officers were promoted to investigators, a violent crimes detective was promoted to sergeant, and a sensitive crimes sergeant was promoted to lieutenant.
Sergeant David Patterson, one of the men being honored explained what he’d like to do in his new position.
“I really wanted to be a good supervisor, make the good decisions, mentor these young officers,” he said. “As far as goals, if I would like to get back to the Detective Bureau, I could see that, but otherwise, in Patrol, I know I can bring a lot to the table.”
Patterson went on to say that he will have plenty of opportunities to teach others: one-third of the Department has less than five years of experience.
- Hononegah ready to take a shot at a three-peat
- Rockford aldermen consider new non-profit to help homeless with affordable housing
- Rockford street name changed in honor of Louie Maffioli
- Thursday’s vote determines strike at Chrysler in Belvidere
- Police need help locating stolen motorcycle