ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — To kick off the school year, First Free Rockford held their third annual foam party today, August 14th.
Students grade sixth through 12 enjoyed a bubble machine and slip and slide.
The event also featured obstacle courses, water balloons and snow cones.
The evening ended with a worship session led by the church’s student ministries team.
Director of Student Ministries, Meredith Domanico, wants the community to realize the importance of having fun.
“I want them to take away the importance of community having fun, and knowing that church doesn’t have to be this stuffy place maybe that they’ve been used to,” Domanico said. “We love God and God likes to have fun.”
First Free Rockford’s next event is a ‘chemistry show’ later this month.
- Belvidere schools on lockdown due to ‘safety concern’ at Belvidere North
- New 4K images of Titanic released after first manned dive in 14 years
- Cleveland police officer accused of exposing himself, urinating on 12-year-old girl
- All aboard! Amtrak route from Chicago to New Orleans restored
- Florida woman takes plea deal in baby’s co-sleeping death