ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — To kick off the school year, First Free Rockford held their third annual foam party today, August 14th.
Students grade sixth through 12 enjoyed a bubble machine and slip and slide.
The event also featured obstacle courses, water balloons and snow cones.
The evening ended with a worship session led by the church’s student ministries team.
Director of Student Ministries, Meredith Domanico, wants the community to realize the importance of having fun.
“I want them to take away the importance of community having fun, and knowing that church doesn’t have to be this stuffy place maybe that they’ve been used to,” Domanico said. “We love God and God likes to have fun.”
First Free Rockford’s next event is a ‘chemistry show’ later this month.
- WATCH LIVE: Obama holds town hall to discuss Floyd protests
- Ohio Democrats push to declare racism a public health crisis
- Job posting: Free beer and $20K to hike 2,200-mile trail
- Exclusive poll shows support for George Floyd protests, disapproval of Trump’s response
- Xfinity sees massive outages throughout Illinois, Midwest