ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — A local restaurant gets some surprising help from a popular fund, aimed at helping small businesses.
Cucina Di Rosa got the call from Barstool Sports President, Dave Portnoy on Friday.
Portnoy created a fund called the ‘Barstool Fund’ which helps small businesses stay afloat during the pandemic.
Cucina Di Rosa’s owner, Rose Mary Leggio, tells Eyewitness News the fund is going to help them keep doors open.
“With getting the call from Dave days later, it’s going to help us with at least getting us through this difficult time. I mean the utilities don’t stop the bills don’t stop coming in,” Leggio said. “It’ll be a big help for us to stay in business.”
The Barstool Fund also helped out Sister’s Thai Cafe on East State Street.
- Packers dominate second half, knock off the Lions
- Illinois schools, hospitals begin vaccine mandate with Covid-19 testing option
- Laundrie family attorney cancels press conference at FBI’s request
- 27 days since last seen: Bloomington Police seek public’s help locating missing ISU student
- Homeland Security Secretary in Del Rio, Texas: ‘Our borders are not open’