BELOIT, Wis. (WTVO) — A former Beloit Police Officer was sentenced Friday to 12 years in prison for sexually assaulting a 14-year-old girl.
Woods pleaded guilty to the charge in July 2019.
Beloit Police were notified of the alleged abuse on June 9th, 2018. Information on the assault had been brought forward by the child’s mother.
Woods, 63, of Beloit, was arrested the same evening, at 8 p.m. The victim is a 14-year-old female, with whom Woods assaulted at least three times, according to Wisconsin court records.
Woods retired as a patrol officer from the Beloit Police Department in 2007. He had since been working as a security guard with the School District of Beloit and Beloit Public Library, before being put on administrative leave following the charges against him.
- UK approves emergency use for Pfizer vaccine
- Local stores busy fulfilling online orders after holiday shopping weekend
- ISP trooper says still room for improvement following ‘Scott’s Law’
- J Hanley sworn in as Winnebago County State’s Attorney
- Popular Netflix series boosts interest and chessboard sales