ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Bun E. Carlos, Rock and Roll Hall of Famer and Rockford legend, dropped in on the students at Lincoln Middle school Thursday afternoon.
Carlos helped to kick off the school’s “Positive Behavior Intervention and Support” program, aimed at creating a positive learning environment and rewarding appropriate behavior.
Carlos also treated students to a drum solo, and encouraged students to chase their dreams.
“If there’s something you really love, maybe, maybe, that’s what you’re meant to do, and you should give it a shot, give it a try,” Carlos said. “Sometimes, you win and sometimes you lose, but, boy, it’s more about the ride than about the end.”
Carlos attended Lincoln Middle School as a child.
- Steve Freeman: Making people smile at Rockford Public Library for nearly 20 years
- Victoria’s Secret cancels annual fashion show
- Veterans group ensures elderly stateline vets remembered at Christmas
- Illinois Health Department says: Don’t take antibiotics for the flu
- Simone Biles, record-breaking gymnast, earns title of 2019 Female Olympic Athlete of the Year