ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Bun E. Carlos, Rock and Roll Hall of Famer and Rockford legend, dropped in on the students at Lincoln Middle school Thursday afternoon.
Carlos helped to kick off the school’s “Positive Behavior Intervention and Support” program, aimed at creating a positive learning environment and rewarding appropriate behavior.
Carlos also treated students to a drum solo, and encouraged students to chase their dreams.
“If there’s something you really love, maybe, maybe, that’s what you’re meant to do, and you should give it a shot, give it a try,” Carlos said. “Sometimes, you win and sometimes you lose, but, boy, it’s more about the ride than about the end.”
Carlos attended Lincoln Middle School as a child.
- Coroner: Body found in Rock River identified as missing Janesville girl
- Shedd Aquarium reopens Friday with new safety precautions in place
- NFL to play Black anthem before national anthem Week 1
- Herman Cain hospitalized with COVID-19 after attending Trump rally
- Woman charged with helping Illinois man murder missing Fort Hood soldier Vanessa Guillen