ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Bun E. Carlos, Rock and Roll Hall of Famer and Rockford legend, dropped in on the students at Lincoln Middle school Thursday afternoon.
Carlos helped to kick off the school’s “Positive Behavior Intervention and Support” program, aimed at creating a positive learning environment and rewarding appropriate behavior.
Carlos also treated students to a drum solo, and encouraged students to chase their dreams.
“If there’s something you really love, maybe, maybe, that’s what you’re meant to do, and you should give it a shot, give it a try,” Carlos said. “Sometimes, you win and sometimes you lose, but, boy, it’s more about the ride than about the end.”
Carlos attended Lincoln Middle School as a child.
- Meteorological Spring Begins on a Chilly Note, Warmth Quick to Return
- Poplar Grove brothers with Down syndrome start their own business
- Trump calls for GOP unity, says he won’t start new party
- Texas attorney general sues power company over storm’s high energy bills
- Gas prices rise to almost $3 a gallon in Rockford