ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Bun E. Carlos, Rock and Roll Hall of Famer and Rockford legend, dropped in on the students at Lincoln Middle school Thursday afternoon.
Carlos helped to kick off the school’s “Positive Behavior Intervention and Support” program, aimed at creating a positive learning environment and rewarding appropriate behavior.
Carlos also treated students to a drum solo, and encouraged students to chase their dreams.
“If there’s something you really love, maybe, maybe, that’s what you’re meant to do, and you should give it a shot, give it a try,” Carlos said. “Sometimes, you win and sometimes you lose, but, boy, it’s more about the ride than about the end.”
Carlos attended Lincoln Middle School as a child.
- Nagy, Bears name Trubisky starter for Sunday against Packers
- Illinois, Ohio State cancel game following positive COVID-19 tests
- How to get “Custom Made” during COVID? Support Small Business Saturday.
- Santa Claus has arrived at CherryVale Mall
- Nicholas Conservatory’s luminary event honors local lives lost in 2020