ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — 43-year-old Michelle McKinney, formerly of Loves Park, pleaded guilty in federal court Friday of defrauding a Beloit roofing company through wire fraud.
Authorities say McKinney was an employee of an unnamed roofing company which was based in Rockton from 2013 to 2014 and then Beloit in 2014.
As an employee, prosecutors said McKinney had access to the company credit card, upon which she rang up $475,775 in charges disguised as office supplies.
Records show she also created fictitious payroll invoices and entered transactions in bulk in stead of line-by-line items, in order to conceal the true nature of the transactions.
McKinney subsequently moved to Arkansas to live with her parents.
She faces up to 20 years in prison and a fine of up to $250,000. She is scheduled to be sentenced on May 11th, 2020.
- Blackhawks Reassign Sikura
- Lambeau’s very own tailgating hype band
- A look inside the Lost and Found at Lambeau Field
- Inmate kills convicted child molester, officials say
- 49ers, Packers on verge of Super Bowl return