ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Illinois hopes families will open to their homes to kids in need. The Illinois Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS) launched a new recruitment campaign to find more foster parents.
There are just over 18,000 kids in the state’s foster care system. The kids are placed in temporary care by local courts when their families are deemed unfit or unsafe to take care of them.
DCFS says homes are needed especially for teens, sibling groups, racial and sexual minorities, children with special needs, and teen moms.
For more information on becoming a foster parent, click here.
- Mauh-Nah-Tee-See Invitational set for final matches on Sunday
- Local agencies celebrate ‘Police Memorial Week’ at CherryVale Mall
- California man with kitchen knives chases estranged wife onto field during child’s sporting event
- Coca-Cola to discontinue one of its beverages in North America
- Colonial Pipeline says ‘normal operations’ have resumed following ransomware attack