ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — The seven story Founders Landing building at Davis Park will receive a makeover today, to match the new Embassy Suites hotel and convention center.
The building, which was last painted in the mid 1990’s, will be colored in white, grey, with accent colors of green, yellow and black.
Founder’s Landing sits on seven acres used to mark the approximate spot where Winnebago County’s first settler crossed the Rock River. The building was constructed in 1964.
The park has been used for concerts and movie nights.
- Scattered showers continue Thursday evening
- Rockford homeless shelter founder retires
- Discarded mail contained no Wisconsin ballots, officials say
- Amazon reveals over 19,000 workers got COVID-19
- Circuit Court Judge rules in favor of the IHSA