ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Rockford Police say four people were shot at a large gathering at a local park around 3:50 a.m. on Sunday morning.
According to officials, officers were called to Twin Sisters Park, at 3001 Harney Court, responding to a report of a large group of individuals and multiple gunshots.
Police say they found one male victim at the scene with a gunshot wound to his leg; three other victims took themselves to a local hospital for treatment of non-life threatening wounds.
Officers found 18 spent shell casings, according to authorities.
- UK approves emergency use for Pfizer vaccine
- Local stores busy fulfilling online orders after holiday shopping weekend
- ISP trooper says still room for improvement following ‘Scott’s Law’
- J Hanley sworn in as Winnebago County State’s Attorney
- Popular Netflix series boosts interest and chessboard sales