FREEPORT, Ill. (WTVO) — Freeport Police are searching for the thief who stole a resident’s car while it was warming up in the driveway.
Police say around 3:34 p.m. on Monday, December 2nd, the victim left the car unattended in the driveway for about 5 minutes when a male suspect in a brown coat stole the car.
The vehicle, stolen from a house in the 500 block of W. Avon Street, is described as a red 2009 Dodge Journey with Illinois plates BT60707.
Anyone with information on the crime is asked to call Freeport Police or Stateline Area Crime Stoppers at 1-866-TIPS-NOW.
- Craigslist ad goes viral, sparks search for ‘Grandma’ in need of family for Christmas
- Remembering Sandy Hook victims 7 years later
- Two state workers involved in A.J. Freund case no longer work for DCFS
- Woman killed crossing Illinois interstate to reach family
- Woman arrested in Roscoe for sexual abuse to a minor