FREEPORT, Ill. (WTVO) — Freeport Police are searching for the thief who stole a resident’s car while it was warming up in the driveway.
Police say around 3:34 p.m. on Monday, December 2nd, the victim left the car unattended in the driveway for about 5 minutes when a male suspect in a brown coat stole the car.
The vehicle, stolen from a house in the 500 block of W. Avon Street, is described as a red 2009 Dodge Journey with Illinois plates BT60707.
Anyone with information on the crime is asked to call Freeport Police or Stateline Area Crime Stoppers at 1-866-TIPS-NOW.
- ACLU defends Pritzker’s move to prioritize prisoner vaccinations
- Legendary quarterbacks to be center-stage for NFC Championship game
- Lester agrees to deal with Nationals
- Restaurants welcome back employees with return of indoor dining in Rockford region
- President Trump’s final hours in office expected to be non-traditional