FREEPORT, Ill. (WTVO) — 28-year-old Adrian Lopez was arrested Saturday for possession of brass knuckles, after police were called to a disturbance at a residential home.
Freeport Police say that around 12 a.m., they were called to the 1500 block of S. Chicago Avenue for the report of a disturbance between occupants of a vehicle and people at the home.
When officers arrive, they say the vehicle was attempting to leave, and was stopped by police at Chicago Avenue and Empire STreet.
Police say they found brass knuckles on Lopez, who was a passenger. Lopez had previously been convicted of felony offenses, so his possession of the weapon was upgraded to a felony charge.
He appeared before a Stephenson County Judge on Sunday and was ordered held on a $3,000 bond.
- ‘Believe in miracles’: 21-year-old survives cardiac arrest, being taken off life support
- Pritzker shares details, timeline of COVID-19 vaccine distribution plan for Illinois; Rockford to receive 4,876 doses
- US adds 245,000 jobs in November as virus threatens economy’s slow comeback
- Veteran broadcaster Len Kasper leaving Cubs for White Sox radio play-by-play
- World War II veteran beats COVID-19 in time to mark 104th birthday