FREEPORT, Ill. (WTVO) — Freeport’s FHN Memorial Hospital announced Monday a policy to restrict visitors under the age of 18 in order to fight the spread of the flu.
The hospital says it put the policy into effect in accordance with an Illinois Department of Public Health recommendation.
In addition to the visitor age restriction, only two visitors will be allowed to visit a patient at a time.
Visitors with fever, cough, or sore throat are asked not to visit, and if they do, to wear a mask, which will be provided.
- Walmart+ to challenge Amazon Prime
- Oregon’s Autumn on Parade festival is canceled
- Drier Weather Slides in Today, Feeling Less Humid Over the Weekend
- Man hospitalized 99 days with COVID-19 wakes from coma to learn wife died of virus
- One-on-one with presidential hopeful Joe Biden