FREEPORT, Ill. (WTVO) — 56-year-old Carnell Peterson was arrested early Thursday morning after police say he stabbed his 30-year-old girlfriend in the leg with a pocket knife.
Freeport Police say they were called to an apartment on N. Van Buren Avenue around 3:15 a.m., where they say Peterson and his girlfriend had been involved in an argument which led to the stabbing.
The victim was taken to the hospital for non-life threatening injuries.
Peterson was charged with felony Domestic Battery, an upgraded charge due to the fact that he was convicted of Domestic Battery in 2019.
He is being held at the Stephenson County Jail.
- Gilbert and Hagel Return to IceHogs from Chicago Blackhawks
- Martin Luther King Day event encourages voter registration
- Mostert lifts 49ers to Super Bowl with 37-20 win vs Packers
- Delia and Gagne Lead Hogs to Shutout Win Over Wolves
- Overnight Café houses people in need during cold nights