FREEPORT, Ill. (WTVO) — 38-year-old Jimmy Mitchell was charged with felony theft for allegedly stealing his neighbor’s new garbage can.
According to Freeport Police, on December 8th, around 12:36 p.m., police met with the victim in the 800 block of S. Adams Street, who told them someone had stolen her garbage can during the night.
A witness provided video footage of the suspect.
Police say that officers located the can in front of Mitchell’s house and arrested him on the spot.
Mitchell was charged with a felony because of a prior conviction for a burglary charge in Stephenson County.
He is being held in the Stephenson County Jail on a $5,000 bond.
- Gilbert and Hagel Return to IceHogs from Chicago Blackhawks
- Martin Luther King Day event encourages voter registration
- Mostert lifts 49ers to Super Bowl with 37-20 win vs Packers
- Delia and Gagne Lead Hogs to Shutout Win Over Wolves
- Overnight Café houses people in need during cold nights