FREEPORT, Ill. (WTVO) — 38-year-old Jimmy Mitchell was charged with felony theft for allegedly stealing his neighbor’s new garbage can.
According to Freeport Police, on December 8th, around 12:36 p.m., police met with the victim in the 800 block of S. Adams Street, who told them someone had stolen her garbage can during the night.
A witness provided video footage of the suspect.
Police say that officers located the can in front of Mitchell’s house and arrested him on the spot.
Mitchell was charged with a felony because of a prior conviction for a burglary charge in Stephenson County.
He is being held in the Stephenson County Jail on a $5,000 bond.
- Poll: More than a third of Americans won’t even trust their doctor to tell them a COVID-19 vaccine is safe
- Who won the Trump-Biden debate? 6 moments that defined the night
- Put on the spot over white supremacy, President Trump tells Proud Boys to ‘stand by’
- Giolito’s gem leads White Sox to wild card win
- Fact check: A look at claims from Trump and Biden’s first debate