FREEPORT, Ill. (WTVO) — 25-year-old Norshawn Boutte was arrested early Sunday after allegedly assaulting his ex-girlfriend during a home invasion, and then punching the arresting police officer.
According to Freeport Police, Boutte forced his way into the woman’s apartment on N. Greenfield Drive and physically assaulted her, during which time he punched her in the face and strangled her.
Officers responded to the scene at approximately 2:52 a.m., at which point the responding officer got into a struggle with Boutte. Police say Boutte punched the officer in the face and head multiple times before he was subdued and arrested by additional officers.
The 22-year-old female was injured in the face, neck and chest but did not require medical treatment.
The officer was taken to FHN Memorial Hospital for a facial wound and head injury. He was released from the hospital following treatment.
Boutte is being held in the Stephenson County Jail.
- Huskies second half rally helps secure win at Eastern Illinois
- Rockford hospitals get green light to give new treatment to COVID-19 patients
- Winnebago County Sheriff hosts ‘Fill the Bus’ gift drive on Saturday
- Building trades organization opposes closure of Byron nuclear plant
- Federal judge orders DHS to restore DACA, open new applications