FREEPORT, Ill. (WTVO) — 50-year-old Stanley Ward was arrested by Freeport Police on Friday for a hit and run crash.
Police say that they were called to a scene at the 400 block of West Main Street at 6:54 p.m., where a parked car had been rear-ended by a white SUV.
The vehicle was later found at a residence in the 100 block of N. Dakota Road in Ridott, police say.
Ward later turned himself in to police. He was charged with Driving on a Revoked License and Damaging an Unattended Vehicle. Police say Ward’s license had been suspended for a DUI in 2003.
He was held at the Stephenson County Jail on a $3,000 bond.
- Illinois health officials report 2,529 new cases of COVID-19; state surpasses 5 million tests
- ‘Thank you for everything’: Oklahoma man battling COVID-19 texts mom before going into coma
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s dying wish was to not have a replacement chosen by Trump
- One man dead, one in critical condition after overnight crash in Beloit
- GOP senator to introduce bill reimbursing parents $800 for remote learning expenses