FREEPORT, Ill. (WTVO) — 50-year-old Stanley Ward was arrested by Freeport Police on Friday for a hit and run crash.
Police say that they were called to a scene at the 400 block of West Main Street at 6:54 p.m., where a parked car had been rear-ended by a white SUV.
The vehicle was later found at a residence in the 100 block of N. Dakota Road in Ridott, police say.
Ward later turned himself in to police. He was charged with Driving on a Revoked License and Damaging an Unattended Vehicle. Police say Ward’s license had been suspended for a DUI in 2003.
He was held at the Stephenson County Jail on a $3,000 bond.
- Craigslist ad goes viral, sparks search for ‘Grandma’ in need of family for Christmas
- Remembering Sandy Hook victims 7 years later
- Two state workers involved in A.J. Freund case no longer work for DCFS
- Woman killed crossing Illinois interstate to reach family
- Woman arrested in Roscoe for sexual abuse to a minor