FREEPORT, Ill. (WTVO) — 50-year-old Stanley Ward was arrested by Freeport Police on Friday for a hit and run crash.
Police say that they were called to a scene at the 400 block of West Main Street at 6:54 p.m., where a parked car had been rear-ended by a white SUV.
The vehicle was later found at a residence in the 100 block of N. Dakota Road in Ridott, police say.
Ward later turned himself in to police. He was charged with Driving on a Revoked License and Damaging an Unattended Vehicle. Police say Ward’s license had been suspended for a DUI in 2003.
He was held at the Stephenson County Jail on a $3,000 bond.
- Local entrepreneurs get a chance to show off their ideas during Startup Weekend
- Blackhawks Reassign Sikura
- Lambeau’s very own tailgating hype band
- A look inside the Lost and Found at Lambeau Field
- Inmate kills convicted child molester, officials say