FREEPORT, Ill. (WTVO) — 50-year-old Stanley Ward was arrested by Freeport Police on Friday for a hit and run crash.
Police say that they were called to a scene at the 400 block of West Main Street at 6:54 p.m., where a parked car had been rear-ended by a white SUV.
The vehicle was later found at a residence in the 100 block of N. Dakota Road in Ridott, police say.
Ward later turned himself in to police. He was charged with Driving on a Revoked License and Damaging an Unattended Vehicle. Police say Ward’s license had been suspended for a DUI in 2003.
He was held at the Stephenson County Jail on a $3,000 bond.
- Mild Weekend, Cool Week, Dry All Around
- ‘Small Business Saturday’ even more important in times of COVID-19
- New Santa Clara County COVID health order leaves 49ers without home
- Local store creates custom candle for Rockford City Market, will donate proceeds
- Rockford ‘Stroll on State’ starts with a bang