FREEPORT, Ill. (WTVO) — 38-year-old Merrill Turner was arrested Wednesday on Domestic Battery charges after shoving his girlfriend to the ground, injuring her face.
Freeport Police say they were called to the 1100 block of W. Galena around 8:50 a.m., where Turner and his 41-year-old girlfriend had been arguing.
Police say Turner allegedly grabbed the woman by her arm and shoved her to the ground, at which point she struck an object which caused swelling of her upper lip.
Turner was charged with a felony because of a prior conviction for Domestic Battery.
He is being held at the Stephenson County Jail.
- Slight increase in rain and storm chances for the start of the weekend
- RPS school officials shed more light on back-to-school plan
- ‘There is no magic that occurs in Illinois versus Missouri’, Task force chief says about Pritzker comment
- Volunteers help RVC clean up tornado damage
- Rockford makes final push to get residents to fill out census