FREEPORT, Ill. (WTVO) — 38-year-old Merrill Turner was arrested Wednesday on Domestic Battery charges after shoving his girlfriend to the ground, injuring her face.
Freeport Police say they were called to the 1100 block of W. Galena around 8:50 a.m., where Turner and his 41-year-old girlfriend had been arguing.
Police say Turner allegedly grabbed the woman by her arm and shoved her to the ground, at which point she struck an object which caused swelling of her upper lip.
Turner was charged with a felony because of a prior conviction for Domestic Battery.
He is being held at the Stephenson County Jail.
- East athletes restore the school’s great tradition in track & field
- Strong Storms Appearing Likely Late Thursday
- Video shows California officer’s daring rescue of man, dog from burning car
- Josh Duggar asks for child pornography trial to be delayed until 2022
- Portland officers resign en masse from squad tasked with protest response