FREEPORT, Ill. (WTVO) — 26-year-old Daniel Reed has been accused of sexually assaulting a minor under the age of 13.
Freeport Police say officers took Reed into custody at his home in the 500 block of S. Chicago Avenue, where the abuse was reported to have occurred.
He was arrested at 5 p.m. on Monday.
Police say the assault occurred on December 14th, 2019.
Reed is charged with Predatory Criminal Sexual Assault of a Child and Aggravated Criminal Sexual Abuse.
- Kyle Slattery leads Rockford area pros in day one of the Illinois Open
- 15 arrested in California child sex sting – including highway patrol officer, prison employee
- Undocumented migrant injured after falling from 30-foot-tall border barrier
- 3 Wyoming sightseeing balloons crash, as many as 20 injured
- Woman says 4-foot snake ‘slithered up’ from toilet in Colorado apartment