FREEPORT, Ill. (WTVO) — A Freeport man is in critical condition after police say an intruder broke into his apartment and shot him multiple times.
According to Freeport Police, officers were called to the Willow Housing Projects in the 500 block of N. Willow Avenue around 1:25 a.m., where they found the 30-year-old victim near the back door of the apartment.
Police say an intruder entered the victim’s residence and shot him after a fight ensued between them.
According to authorities, once the victim had been shot, multiple people, including the gunman, fled on foot.
The suspect is described as a black male, wearing a dark color hooded sweatshirt and dark colored jeans.
Police are currently searching for two “persons of interest”.
Anyone with information is asked to call Freeport Police or Stateline Area Crime Stoppers at 7-866-TIPS-NOW.
- Karnisovas is reportedly the front-runner in Bulls’ search for new lead executive
- How coronavirus spread through a birthday and a funeral in Chicago
- Stateline residents adapt to reliance on technology during COVID-19 reality
- Michigan babysitter arrested for murder in toddler’s death
- 9 new COVID-19 cases in Winnebago County for Wednesday, no additional deaths