FREEPORT, Ill. (WTVO) — A Freeport man is in critical condition after police say an intruder broke into his apartment and shot him multiple times.
According to Freeport Police, officers were called to the Willow Housing Projects in the 500 block of N. Willow Avenue around 1:25 a.m., where they found the 30-year-old victim near the back door of the apartment.
Police say an intruder entered the victim’s residence and shot him after a fight ensued between them.
According to authorities, once the victim had been shot, multiple people, including the gunman, fled on foot.
The suspect is described as a black male, wearing a dark color hooded sweatshirt and dark colored jeans.
Police are currently searching for two “persons of interest”.
Anyone with information is asked to call Freeport Police or Stateline Area Crime Stoppers at 7-866-TIPS-NOW.
- Swedes’ therapy dog calendar profits support Rockford Police K-9s
- Chicago Bears give $4,000 to Harlem’s athletic program
- Rockford park gets financial boost from State of Illinois
- Church volunteers donate bags of free winter clothing for the homeless
- Rockford Police Officer to move in to city’s 3rd neighborhood house