FREEPORT, Ill. (WTVO) — Two men were shot in Freeport overnight, and one died from his injuries, police said.
According to the Freeport Police Department, officers were called to the area of Wyandotte and Ottawa around 9:45 p.m. Tuesday, where they found two shooting victims, a 26-year-old man and a 24-year-old man.
Police say they learned there had been a fight in the 500 block of Wyandotte where the shooting occurred, and the suspect fled the area.
Both victims were taken to Freeport Memorial Hospital and then eventually to hospitals in Rockford.
The 24-year-old was pronounced dead at 2 a.m. The victim’s name is being withheld pending notification of next of kin.
- Rockford Housing Authority temporarily closes offices after employee tests positive
- Rodgers leads Packers into title game with 32-18 win vs Rams
- ‘If it wasn’t my job I would have done that for free’: Officer after surviving Capitol mob assault
- Watch: Two officers push unconscious teen driver to safety in ‘miracle’ rescue
- Iowa teen returns home after Christmas Eve heart transplant